CityPlace Burlington (CPB) Construction Update
Bank Street Closure: Bank Street will be closed the week of April 9th to allow a new sewer line to be installed. Prep work will be required the week of April 2nd, which will include intermittent lane closures. This work is being closely coordinated with the Department of Public Works.
Noise/Vibration Update: Installation of sheeting along Bank Street will begin on or about April 16th and is anticipated to last 2 to 3 weeks. Expect intermittent vibrations throughout the 7:00am-5:00pm work period. Learn more about what to expect in the upcoming meeting noted below.
Come join City officials, Burlington Business Association, PC Construction and Devonwood’s project consultants for a meeting with area businesses. We’ll discuss construction updates, next steps and learn about conceptual designs for Cherry and Bank Streets. We also want to hear from you how we can help area businesses succeed during construction.
Wednesday, April 11th
Burlington City Arts, Lorraine B. Good room, 2nd floor (please enter BCA using the side door located in the alley between BCA and City Hall)
- Construction updates and upcoming work
- Business assistance update
- Bank and Cherry Streets Designs. Participants will have an opportunity to review conceptual streetscape design plans for Bank Street between Pine and Church Streets, and Cherry Street between Battery and Church Streets. We’ll have a presentation from the design team as well as time for small group discussions to provide focused feedback on amenity choices.
If you cannot join us on the 11th and are interested in learning more about the Bank and Cherry Street Designs, join us for a public meeting focused on street designs the evening before.
Bank and Cherry Streets Conceptual Design Plans, Public Meeting Details
Tuesday, April 10th
Burlington City Hall, Contois Auditorium
- Remember Downtown is Open for Business!
- Plenty of parking is available in Burlington, view an interactive parking map here!
- Your first 2-hours of parking are FREE in city garages with entrances on Bank Street, Cherry Street, College Street and Battery Street.
There is a toll-free project number for public use: 1-888-988-4148. All calls/voicemails go directly to PC Construction and will be handled accordingly with the necessary parties.
Further questions? Contact: