This September, Burlington parking facilities will see the debut of all new parking equipment! The new state of the art system will be installed at all three parking Garages. View our webpage for all details and information for our monthly permit holders!
Updated parking equipment will provide a modernized experience that will ensure system efficiency and overall customer satisfaction. In addition, the new equipment and related software will provide a long list of new features including:
- Pay on Foot Stations – pay for your parking stay using card, coin, coupon or voucher, see locations here!
- Customer Portal – a web portal for customers to sign up and manage their monthly permits; in future, the portal will offer services like reservations, coupons and validations!
- Merchant Validation – downtown merchants and businesses will soon be able to offer discounted parking through their own portal or by contacting our parking team (ETA 1/1/19)
- Barcoded Tickets – all tickets and vouchers will now be barcoded, reducing maintenance & equipment malfunction and allowing for smartphone-enabled services
- Ambassadors – our Pay on Foot Stations will enable our staff to focus more time on service and maintenance; helping you navigate the new system and improving cleanliness
The new system will not impact the current two hour free parking program. Also, free parking on Sundays and City Holidays is still available at all three City Garages. Simply scan your ticket at the exit lane scanner if your stay is less than two hours or if it is a Sunday or City Holiday and you may exit the garage for free.
Installations will begin in late September in College and Lakeview Garage and in early October in Marketplace Garage. This schedule is subject to change dues to weather impacts.
For more information about this project, continue to check in with us on Facebook and Twitter.