For the second year in a row Downtown Burlington will host Madaila on Main presented by Nectars. The one day music festival will bring music from psych-pop headliner Madaila, Turkuaz and more, as well as food trucks and games. The event kicks off at 2:30pm.
To accommodate this event, Main Street will be closed between Church Street and South Winooski Avenue starting at 7am and lasting until 11pm. This is an essential move to allow for setup, breakdown, as well as, the event itself to go forward.
Detour signs will posted around the downtown to inform drivers of the closure and Burlington police will be on hand to redirect traffic to designated detours.
In light of this closure, here are some helpful tips for getting downtown to enjoy the festival:
- Access two hour free parking via Cherry Street. Marketplace Garage (147 Cherry St.) and Lakeview Garage (41 Cherry St.) offer two hour free parking.
- From East:
- Exit 14W off I89: utilize cross streets such as East Ave., University Pl., South Willard St. or South Union Ave. and navigate down Pearl St.
- From Winooski via Colchester Avenue: navigate down to Pearl St.; from Battery St., access two-hour parking on Cherry; utilize Cherry, College, King or Maple streets to get closer to downtown.
- From North:
- North Avenue: take North Ave. to Battery St., access two-hour parking on Cherry; utilize Cherry, College, King or Maple streets to get closer to downtown.
- Rt. 127: navigate down Park St to Battery St., utilize Battery or Pearl streets to get closer to downtown.
- From South: navigate north down Route 7 to Saint Paul Street, utilize Maple or King streets to Battery St. and access two-hour free parking via Cherry St.
Park Burlington will continue to post updates on Twitter, Facebook and parkburlington.com. Additional questions regarding the event can be directed to Nectars via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and more information can be found on their website at madailaonmain.com.