Bike Parking Map
Park Burlington has partnered with Local Motion to provide you an interactive parking map. The map displays all bike parking options in downtown Burlington. Our goal was to show you all bike parking options in BTV; some racks may not be up to national standards, so please be mindful and ensure you follow best practices when securing your bike. We want to make this map as valuable as possible, please reach out to email@example.com with any suggestions or edits! Click here for instructions on how to use the interactive map!
Please note: some racks are seasonal, especially those around Church Street Marketplace and will be taken down during the winter months.
Interactive Map Instructions:
- Click on the icon in the top left corner of the map to view filters and legend
- Click on any bike icon in the map you’d like to navigate to
- After clicking on a bike icon, select the “Directions” icon in top right corner of the pop-out screen
- Google Maps will open in a new tab and guide you to your destination!
Tips & Tricks:
- View the map on Google Maps by selecting the “Full Screen” icon in the top right corner of map
- Share the map on social media or email by selecting the “Share” icon near the top right corner of map
Lockers are available in the Marketplace Parking Garage, with entrances on Cherry and Bank Streets. Lockers may only be used to park bicycles and related equipment. Any items stored within the locker that are not bicycle related may be removed by the City at your expense and may be subject to disposal without your consent, or assessed a storage fee at your expense. Bicycles parked in the short-term lockers for longer than 14 consecutive days may be considered abandoned and removed by the Burlington Police Department.
- For 6-month rentals, download an application or pick one up at the DPW front desk
- Short-term, coin operated lockers are currently unavailable while keys and locks are being replaced
Bicycle Racks are available at a subsidized rate through our Bicycle Parking Assistance Program
- To request bicycle parking be installed on a city sidewalk or in the city’s right-of-way, contact DPW Customer Service
Burlington’s Bicycle Parking Guidelines
The guidelines contain information on how to install useful bicycle parking. The Guidelines are especially helpful for developers following the Bicycle Parking Ordinance through the Planning and Zoning Department.
Secure Bike Parking at Events
During many events through the year, secure bike parking is available through Local Motion.
PlanBTV Walk Bike
Plan BTV Walk Bike is a citywide planning effort to enhance safety and increase active mobility in Burlington. The project will culminate with the creation of the City’s first Bicycle and Pedestrian Action Plan, as well as, scoping of priority projects for implementation. Click here to learn more or share your ideas!
Bicycle Commuter Resources
Riding your bike to work, to the grocery store, or around town doesn’t need to be scary. In fact, it ends up being fun and a cool way to beat the traffic while saving money! Learn basic bike commuting skills with Local Motion at one of their free Everyday Bicycling workshops, or visit the State of Vermont’s Bicycle Commuter’s Guide!
Burlington’s Bike Lanes
Today, you’ll find several designated bike lanes across the City of Burlington. In 5 years, you’ll find even more! View the maps below to see our current bike lane system and the vision for the future system. More details can be viewed in the PlanBTV Walk Bike plan here.